This is so cute, apart from being great news.
As everyone knows, and no one is doing anything about, India's tiger population has dwindled to 1,411. Every website I see has a link to 'Why should we save the tiger?'
Er, hello..?? If that needs explaining, then it's no wonder the tigers are dying out.
But, still, for what it's worth...
Why should we save the tiger?
1. Because it's our national animal?
2. Because it has a highly developed sense of romance?
3. Because the ickle cubs are awww soo cutteee?

4. Or, maybe it's because we have no fucking right to do this to them:

I say it's option 4, huh?
In the ensuing panic, a lot of things aren't being carefully considered. Is banning tiger tourism a good move?
And the vital, terrifying question: can they be saved?
Some last-ditch, though very essential, rescue work is being done by:
Aircel & NDTV
If possible, try to support reserves like this.
Here's something that will break your heart even more.
But, just 1,411?...Mygod, how? How can they survive?
I don't know what to say, so I will resort to the help of someone much wiser (notice the absence of Hobbes here):


No comments:
Post a Comment